Join Institute for Ocean Research Enterprise (IORE) for its March 2015 Ocean Connector event!
(See Details and Webcast Instructions Below)
On March 26, 2015, Dr. Mae Seto will discuss the transformational potential of marine robots for ocean exploration. Dr. Seto is a Defence Scientist at Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC) and Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science at Dalhousie University. Dr. Seto’s research and technical contributions are in the areas of autonomy and control for marine robots, multi-agent systems, underwater sensors, and ship and submarine acoustics. Dr. Seto has written numerous papers and articles in these areas, including the book for which she is editor and a contributor, Marine Robot Autonomy.
IORE’s Ocean Connector events are an opportunity for knowledge-sharing, open discussion and networking in an informal atmosphere. Admission is free, but if you are not yet a member or associate member, please consider supporting Institute for Ocean Research Enterprise (IORE) in that way.
Where: T-Room, J Building, Sexton Campus, 1360 Barrington Street, Halifax, NS
What: Food, our Feature Presentation, Networking and more!
When: 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 26, 2015
Webcast: We will be broadcasting today’s session via webcast
To join us remotely, please follow these steps:
· Go to https://new.livestream.com/accounts/12469673/events/3913832
· You will be taken to a LiveStream login page
· If you do not yet have a login ID, click ‘create new account’
· You will need to input your email address
· An email will be sent to you immediately – open it and click ‘create account’
· The Livestream homepage will open up – exit from there
· Click again on the link above it – it will take you to the ‘event’ for this live feed
The broadcast will begin between 4:00 p.m. and 4:20 p.m. (Atlantic Time). Remote participants will also have access to the ‘chat’ function which they can use to send in questions.